Places to Find Help on the Web
- The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is the most important place for families children to start the search for their missing children. The National Center works directly with law enforcement to find missing children.
- The Association of Missing and Exploited Children’s Organizations provides a list of reputable organizations that help find missing children.
- The National Runaway Safeline provides mediation services for runaways and their parent as part of its mission to keep America’s runaway, homeless and at-risk youth safe and off the streets.
- While Black and Missing exists to help people of color who often do not receive their share of media coverage, the organization provides excellent resources for anyone looking for a loved one. Its missing person’s checklist is a valuable tool.
- Identifying clues before child runs away gives parents the best chance at keeping their kids safe at home. Parents should monitor their kids online habits. One of the best products we have seen to do this is ScreenRetriever.